Turns out, the drinks you enjoy at your local coffee shop are just as easy to make as the coffee you brew every day. So, we're asking our roasters to share their favorite café recipes that you can whip up from home! Today's drink, Viroqua, Wisconsin's Kickapoo Coffee Roasters with its cereal and espresso-based The Breakfast Club.
"We’ve been craving comfort food during these strange times and our bar lead Steph Achter's playful take on this nostalgic breakfast staple hits all the right notes. Plus, coffee + cereal = one less bowl to clean"
- 1 quart milk (of your choice)
- 2 cups crushed fruity cereal
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz espresso
- Combine the first four ingredients to make the cereal milk
- Cover and chill
- After an hour, strain the mixture
- When you’re ready to make your drink, pull a shot of espresso (if you don't have a home espresso machine, go stovetop, or brew up some AeroPress, whatever floats your boat)
- Pour a cup of cereal milk over ice and add your espresso
- Top with extra crunchies and breakfast is served