Brought to us by NYC-based Cocktail Enthusiast and Home Bartender Alex Miller, this spicy seasonal cold brew libation might be the perfect alternative to the drink that shall not be named.
"I get requests every so often and this one came from a friend when I mentioned my new found love for pumpkin spice." Alex tells us. "Here's a lightly boozed up fall cold brew that — if I'm being honest — is probably my most interesting coffee cocktail to date. For starters it utilizes home made pumpkin spice, but it's also the first time I've managed to make a truly spectacular soda-style coffee cocktail."
"I added a bit more sweetener than usual to combat the natural bitterness of the soda water, which I think was key. This one is refreshing and has a ton of great flavor, it's a three-step mixing process well worth it!"
- 1 oz Jameson Black Barrel Whiskey
- 3.5 oz cold brew
- ¾ oz simple syrup
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- Soda water to taste
- ½ oz Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 lemon
- Combine the first 4 ingredients with half a glass of crushed ice. Stir thoroughly
- Top with soda water until nearly full
- Pour Bailey's over the top
- Add a lemon wedge to garnish