The Sazerac is one of our all-time favorite cocktails, but The Smoking Gun has all the ammo needed to shoot to number one with a bullet.
Brought to us by NYC-based Cocktail Enthusiast and Amateur Home Bartender Alex Miller this newfangled take has "... so much flavor and complexity and was incredibly fun to get smoked up. It's got a light absinthe note, a touch of sweetness, and a bit of coffee and cardamom to compliment the Tequila and rum."
5 oz Laird's Bonded Apple Brandy (100 Proof)
2 Tbsp ground coffee (we suggest PT's Flatlander Blend)
2 small cinnamon sticks
5 whole cloves
1/4 slice of fresh orange
1 oz añejo tequila
1/2 oz cinnamon simple syrup
2 dashes Boker's Bitters
3 dashes absinthe
- Combine first five ingredients in a sealed container, and infuse for two weeks to make bitters
- Once ready, combine two dashes of bitters with remaining ingredients in a rocks glass
- Stir and strain cocktail over ice
- Smoke cocktail under a container for 30 seconds until thick with smoke
- Allow smoke to rest for 30 seconds and serve