You’ve heard of a wine trail, but have you ever ventured down a coffee trail? If not, we’re taking the creative liberty and putting them on the map, literally! Between our 50+ roasters across the country, there are so many ways that you can enjoy our vast selection of coffees IRL.
With so many of these roasters hailing from the Golden State, our first Trade Coffee Trail takes us to Northern California — from the state capital Sacramento, to the booming Bay Area coffee scene, and down the Pacific Coast Highway to the renowned surfing city of Santa Cruz.
Travel Time: 4 hours (pit stops not included!)
Our journey starts in the state capital of Sacramento. Privy to the agricultural communities of the Sacramento Valley, the city has named itself the “Farm to Fork” capital. Naturally, Sacramento’s own Temple Coffee Roasters has adopted a “Farm to Cup” philosophy for their coffee program.
Temple Coffee Roasters
2200 K Street
Sacramento, California 95816
Temple founder Sean Kohmescher has built the company on good vibes, great service, and exceptionally well-prepared coffee, so you know you are in the best of hands at their K Street shop. Temple's largest, most adventurous location to date features an classic-meets-modern decor in this beautifully restored space built in the late 1880s. Among the many attractions is a full dessert and coffee pairing menu, Kyoto slow-drip coffee, a Curtis Seraphim pour over module, and a custom tap system for Nitrogen-infused coffee and tea beverages. The floor is made of over 500,000 hand-laid pennies with full outdoor patio seating for soaking in the Sacramento sunshine.
- S Street: 2829 S Street, Sacramento, California
- Downtown: 1010 9th Street, Sacramento, California
- Arden Arcade: 2600 Fair Oaks Boulevard, Sacramento, California
- Davis: 239 G Street, Davis, California
After Sacramento, take a scenic detour through the beautiful North Bay region of Marin County. With its home base in the town of San Rafael, Equator Coffees & Teas has locations in the adjacent towns of Larkspur and Mill Valley.
Equator Coffees & Teas
2 Miller Avenue
Mill Valley, California 94941
Located in the heart of Mill Valley, Equator’s flagship café promises a laid-back vibe with a fresh menu of made-to-order sweet and savory waffles, salads, and egg sandwiches. Mill Valley’s history runs through the café, from its rich coffee roots to the salvaged railroad ties and bicycle parts used to create the patio furniture. Sip a cappuccino or a glass of wine or throw back a double macchiato or a pint of beer.
- Larkspur : 240 Magnolia Avenue, Larkspur, California
- Proof Lab, Tam Junction : 244 Shoreline Highway, Mill Valley, California
- Downtown San Francisco : 986 Market Street, San Francisco, California
- SOMA: 222 2nd Street, San Francisco, California
- Fort Mason : 2 Marina Boulevard, San Francisco, California
- Lake Merritt, Oakland: 175 Bay Place, Oakland, California
Oakland & The East Bay
Across the bay from Marin County, the East Bay region beckons with a growing number of roasters and specialty shops. Here you will find several locations of Highwire Coffee and roasting-only premises for AKA Coffee and Coffee Manufactory.
5655 College Avenue
Oakland, California 94618
With its home base in Oakland, Highwire was founded with the belief that great coffee could be shared in a space where everyone felt welcome; where connecting over coffee was more important than talking about coffee. In 2011 a scrappy, DIY version of Highwire was launched in the Rockridge neighborhood, where it still stands today.
- San Pablo: 2049 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley, California
- Coffee Trailer at Flowerland : 1330 Solano Avenue, Albany, California
Red Bay Coffee Roasters
Red Bay Coffee fulfills its mission of bringing “Beautiful Coffee to the People” at its must-see roaster headquarters in Oakland, but the Certified B Corporation doesn’t stop there: it leads the way forward with empowering hiring practices and fostering an inclusive community for everyone to enjoy.
- Headquarters Cafe : 3136 International Boulevard, Oakland, California
- Oakland Public Roastery : 3098 East 10th Street, Oakland, California
- San Francisco Ferry Building : 1 Ferry Building, San Francisco, California
- Red Bay Coffee Box : 2327 Broadway, Oakland, California
- Red Bay Coffee Van (Lake Merritt)
Ah, the City by the Bay. Home to Karl, the Painted Ladies, the Golden Gate Bridge, and a growing number of amazing roasters. Once overshadowed by the heavy-hitting coffee cities of Portland and Seattle, San Francisco is quickly approaching West Coast coffee mecca status.
270 7th Street
San Francisco, California 94103
Sightglass’s flagship space houses their production roastery, a dynamic open coffee bar, a community gathering space, and the company headquarters all under a single roof. Nestled in San Francisco’s SoMAneighborhood, this small, but mighty factory comes alive with daily activities. From roasters practicing their craft, to baristas handcrafting beverages on the coffee bar, this progressive manufacturing and retail space offers customers a distinct and immersive coffee experience. Last, but certainly not least, The Affogato Bar on the mezzanine level, offering a fun, customizable experience.
- SF MOMA : 151 3rd Street, San Francisco, California
- Divisadero : 301 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, California
- Mission : 3014 20th Street, San Francisco, California
Beyond the SF City Limits on the iconic Pacific Coast Highway, you will find beautiful beaches, forests, and small towns along the way, and — at the head of the picturesque Central Coast region — the legendary surfing city Santa Cruz, home of Verve Coffee Roasters.
Verve Coffee Roasters
1540 Pacific Avenue
Santa Cruz, California 95060
With its five beautiful locations in this city of 65,000, you truly can’t go wrong with Verve. If you’re looking to get the full Santa Cruz experience, however, we recommend their spacious Downtown location amid the wonderful shops and restaurants on Pacific Avenue. Here, you will find a large, wooded space with outdoor seating and delectable treats not to be missed!
- 1010 Fair : 1010 Fair Avenue, Santa Cruz, California
- Pacific Avenue : 1540 Pacific Avenue, Santa Cruz, California
- Seabright : 104 Bronson Street, Santa Cruz, California
- 41st Avenue: 816 41st Avenue Santa Cruz, California
— Peter Lacerenza, Social Media Manager