If you've ever had an espresso martini before (or avoided them all together) our recipe will change your perception. Brought to us by NYC-baced Cocktail Enthusiast and Amateur Home Bartender Alex Miller, this take on the classic Espresso Martini is a "Simple riff that uses fresh espresso, Kahlúa, and some Whitney Neill gin, which adds beautiful floral and bright herbal notes to this cocktail," he tells us.
"The overall mix is bold and boozy but has a delicious smoothness and sweetness that really makes this a treat, and the combo of quality gin and coffee is absolutely spectacular."
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz freshly brewed espresso
- 1 oz Kahlúa
- 1 dehydrated citrus wheel
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
Time Needed: 25 minutes
- Brew fresh espresso and set aside to cool
- In a cocktail shaker add gin, Kahlúa, and ice
- Give it a good hard shake to get the liqueur nice and frothy
Strain into a coupe glass
- Add rosemary and dehydrated citrus wheel to garnish
Alternatively, add three fresh coffee beans for a more traditional approach.